Over the years, Carient’s physicians and staff have been recognized for their expertise by patients and medical peers.
- The Washingtonian asks area physicians what doctors they would send a family member to for help. In 2017, two of Carient’s cardiologists were selected, representing Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology services. We are honored that Dr’s Ghafouri, and Taheri were distinguished.
- Every year, Northern Virginia Magazine asks area doctors who should be dubbed “Top Doctor”. They consult with local hospitals to put together a panel to discriminatively look at physicians with privileges at their hospital. Each panel nominates doctors based on the tools they are privy to including internal evaluations, patient reviews, as well as overall quality of care. With this stringent vetting process, we are humbled to be consistently nominated for this award. In 2017, Dr’s Chu, Ghafouri, Taheri and Prasanna were all recognized as a cardiology Top Doctors.
- Our physicians have consistently been named among the best in cardiology in Washington Post Magazine and recognized by Consumer’s Research Council of America’s “Top Cardiologists.”
- Peers have elected our physicians to medical leadership positions. As active staff members at Inova Heart & Vascular Institute, Prince William Hospital and Fauquier Hospital, Carient physicians have served as the Director of Catheterization Lab at Prince William Hospital and Director of the Department of Cardiology. Carient’s President and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Merdod Ghafouri also served recently as Symposium Director at Inova Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Carient participated with 27 practices in the American College of Cardiology and National Cardiovascular Data Registry’s PINNACLE (Practice Innovation And Clinical Excellence) Program – the first, national office-based quality improvement program of cardiac patients. The program was designed to report and help to improve outpatient cardiac care performance.
While accolades are always a nice affirmation of our work, our patients tell us that it’s our physicians’ commitment to continued education and clinical research that gives them the peace of mind that they are receiving the best of care at Carient Heart & Vascular.
Our cutting edge echocardiography, nuclear and vascular laboratories are all nationally accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). Achieving these accreditations is a vigorous process, requiring every aspect of the daily operations of our diagnostic testing facilities to be assessed by our peers. The purpose of this quality assurance testing by the IAC is “to ensure high quality patient care and to promote health care by providing a mechanism to encourage and recognize the provision of quality diagnostic evaluations by a process of accreditation.”
By holding ourselves to these high levels of accountability by our peers, this accreditation demonstrates our commitment to quality, cutting edge service to our patients.